Wednesday, April 30, 2008

ALEX, Get Back HERE NOW!!!!

I had Alex this morning, this picture is from last week, and he can look pretty cute, but he is a runner. Twice today he bolted on me, and until Alex has bolted on you, you really can't realize how fast he is! The second time he ran off on me was at Kohls, and my two were in the stroller and he was walking along side it holding on, all of a sudden, he took off through the clothes, as I ran after him screaming ALEX!!! Luckily my two stayed in the stroller and I caught up with him halfway through the women's workout clothes. So for the rest of the time in Kohls, every two seconds I said, "Don't let go of the stroller." Or, "You listen to your Aunt Lynn." in a loud stern voice. (Markie would not get out of "his spot" in the stroller, which is the topic of a whole other blog to come.) Anyways, once I am shopping, I am not gonna let some little four yr old red head cut my trip short, so I kept shopping. Oh, then a lady came up to me and recommended a web site that sells bracelets with room on the inside for the child's ID in case they really get away. She said her grandson has one who is autistic. Of course, I immediately forgot the website, something ID.com. I am sure she was trying to be helpful in her own way. Soon enough Alex was in the stroller and I carried Bella, who started crying and did cut my trip short. Upon arriving at the checkout, she let out a huge burp and spit up water all over me, she had a particularly tough swim lesson today and took in a lot of water, so I knew it was coming. The cashier gave me some tissue, and checked me out rather quickly. At least Bella stopped crying. When I was about to leave, pushing Markie and Alex in my stroller, no easy task, while holding Bella, the cashier said to me, "Your a good mom." Somehow that little comment really made my day. I think most moms would not have attempted Kohls with those three, but hey, I had an exchange to make!

2 comments:

Stephanie Silverman Houser said...

What do you mean some four year old red head kid? What do you have against us carrot tops?

Love S

Kim said...

I'm with Steph - let's not pick on the kids with Down Syndrome OR the red-heads!!! LOL