Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Markie's Birthday Celebration

Markie was born 5 years ago. I had thought my water was leaking for a day or two, and finally decided to go to the hospital. Mark was coming back into town in a few hours from a business trip. Before heading to the hospital, Kim, June and I took our little ones and had a nice Mexican dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. As we all know, they won't give you any food at the hospital til you push that baby out, no matter how long it takes. June took Ben and Lizzy home with her for the night. Upon arriving at the hospital, Kim and I settled into triage at 7 ish to watch American Ido. Of course the nurses doubted my water leaking and tested me. Once the test came back positive, the nurse checked me to see how far along I was. Well, the nurse broke my water, and there was water everywhere. So I quickly called Mark and said get here quick. Off to a room I went and Mark arrived. THings moved quickly and Mark was the easiest labor and delivery of all three, and for that I always will have a special place in my heart for the little guy. At 11:30 ish out he came with about two pushes and Mark, Kim and Deanna all welcomed him to this world. 9 pounds 2 ounces, Markie had arrived! Life was changed forever for the second time in my life. It's been a great 5 years Markie, may God bless us with many more!


No comments: