Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Markie Boy





Markie got his book order from school the other day and tonight he finally asked me to read him the books. It is a set on insects. Right before we began he found the sunglasses he is wearing in our kitchen, and decided he liked them so much he wore them through the reading of all the books and even to bed. Markie is just so cute, he gets so into being read to when it is a book he is interested in. SO far this year he has loved this one Pokeman book we have, a book on The Incredible Hulk, and a Spiderman book. He is learning to read, but much prefers me to read to him. It really helps calm him down for bedtime. The thing about Markie is he gets so excited for little things, it is so fun to be a part of his excitement. He is very different from Lizzy in that way, she never really showed that enthusiasm over the little things in kindergarten like Markie does. Anyways, as I read each book to Markie he intently hung on my every word with his pajama shorts and his sunglasses on and nothing else. He brought each book over individually after I read one, he'd bring the next. He would get a little stressed if he thought I skipped a page and would have me go back. It is these little things I write about here that I hope I remember someday when Markie is no longer Markie, but Mark, a teenager, or Mark, a grown man. I love you Markie!

No comments: