Thursday, February 19, 2009

I miss Zelda




o.k. It has been about three weeks since Zelda and I said our goodbyes. Now we have another dog in our home, Rascal. I have to confess, I don't really like the new dog. She is the opposite of Zelda in every way possible. She is some kind of terrier that we adopted last weekend. Zelda was kind and gentle. I picked her from the pound 12 years ago. Her ear was flopped over just so. Mark and Lizzy picked this new dog from the "event" for rescue groups we went to. She wakes me up up at 5 a.m. after Mark leaves the house for work. Whining. Crying, biting. Zelda never did that. Zelda, I miss you. I stayed with you to the end, as nobody else in our family was up to. Thank you for your final bark and goodbye, and yes, your ear flopped over at the end. A final goodbye.

1 comment:

Stephanie Houser said...

Lynn
Rascal will settle down! But we miss Zelda too..

Pata!
Steph