Thursday, March 19, 2009

One more on Liz's gymnastics...





o.k. be patient, one last post on Lizzy's gymnastics.

She had her last meet two weeks ago, Chinese New Year. She got a 36.1 all around, her first 36! She looked great and seemed to be having a lot of fun. The meet was at 8 a.m. which is a challenge for all of us to be out of the house by 7:15! I put her to bed at 8:30, I think the earliest she has ever gone to bed, she was asleep by 9:45, which is good for my night owl! She had a great meet, vault was her first event and she did a good vault, 9.475 I think. You can see from the picture she had a perfectly straight body. From there she had a great meet, highest score ever on bars and the first time she didn't take a huge step on her dismount. My mom made it up for the meet, which was fun too. At the awards she was 4th all around I think. The team got second place and Lizzy got chosen from the 22 kids to hold the team trophy and take it home for the weekend. That is a big honor and a first for her. After the awards the gym owner approached her and told her she would start training with the 5's the next week at practice. She was excited. She has been practiceing 5 for over a week now and seems to not be intimidated, she is the second youngest with, Rebecca, the youngest who has a birthday two weeks after Lizzy. She is one of the bigger girls, as she is so tall for her age. I am proud of her as I watch her practice with the 5's. She seems to love the challenge as she certainly has not mastered many of the 5 skills. Go Lizzy, go!

No comments: