Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Photos






New outfits and shoes for three kids : $90 (used some shoes we already had for two)
Haircuts for two oldest kids: $19.98
Dollar store bribe to get their haircut at the cheap place: $6
Matching pajamas for the second shot: $12 (clearance at wal-mart)
Pictures at the expensive place: Priceless if you can get a shot off.

After herding everyone into the car, shoving extra shoes, brush, gel, hair accesories in a bag, off we go 15 minutes late to Portrait Innovations. Got inside, no problems yet. Try to put the brand new dress over Bella's head, she is screaming, throwing her body on the floor, all I can make out that she is saying is "no dress". The only other clothing I have for her is the pajamas and the scooby doo tshirt she napped in w/ her diaper. The picture lady comes over, asks me if it is typically difficult to get her picture. I am thinking, nothing is typical with a two year old. I calmly tell her she will be fine, so off to the Christmas tree room we go. I finally get the dress over her head and two out of three buttons done. Now the fit gets really good, lots of crying, screaming. It was endearing to watch Markie and Bella try to help by talking to her, offering her sippy cup, etc. They were very patient, especially Lizzy since she has been waiting for weeks to get her picture in her new outfit. Anyways, the picture lady finally asked if we wanted to come back another day, I asked if I could come back in an hour, I figured I could run next door to Target and buy a different outfit for Bella, calm her down and come back. Much to my dismay, they could not fit me in again until Monday. I will be in Yuma on Monday until after Christmas. I find it hard to believe they had no openings until Monday. I find it hard to believe they cater to kids, yet could not squeeze me in in an hour seeing as how my child was having a world class melt down. Anyways, they did not make any exceptions in their busy schedule, someone needs to open a photography place down the street, they are just too busy! So off we went home. The pictures you are seeing are my two basically following Bella around until she would look at the camera and I tried to snap away. They best pictures are in front of my neighbor's yard. When my battery went dead on my camera I just gave up. I did snap a few fun ones.

No comments: