Monday, December 29, 2008

A Christmas in Yuma






Some pictures of our Christmas in Yuma. The kids and I went down on Monday and Mark came down after getting off of work on Christmas Eve. We had a great Christmas! It was full of lots of opening presents, putting batteries in various games and cameras, baking, eating lots of good food, lots of fun. A few things the kids said that stand out in my mind. Markie on Christmas morning looking at the presents under the tree, "This is like three Christmases." Lizzy after the opening was done, "I got everything I wanted." Markie got a special impromptu blessing after saying hello to our priest in Yuma on our way into mass that has been there since I was growing up, he promptly fell asleep after that. (Markie, not the priest.) Bella enjoyed everything but I think she liked the tabletop dancing, singing santa my mom has at her house better than anything. It was a fun Christmas, hectic as we returned home Christmas night since I had to work the next day. Chaotic, but I thank God for every chaotic, hectic moment as I know others who are less fortunate are alone for the holiday, and I am blessed with a fun, big family.

No comments: