Friday, August 29, 2008

Spidey Sense



Yesterday I brought in a desk my parents gave me for Lizzy. It has been sitting in our garage for about two weeks. After successfully dragging the desk in from the garage, I began opening the drawers and looking in them. Upon opening the bottom left drawer, I saw I had not just drug in a desk. I had also brought in a black widow spider sitting on a white egg sack. It wasn't moving, so I was hopeful it was dead, although doubtful, it looked very much alive. So, I called Mark and asked him to drive home from work to kill it, he could not do that, as he commutes 25 miles to Scottsdale. So he told me where the bug spray was, and I grabbed it, my camera and the vacuum. This is the part I really hate about being an adult and a homeowner, and a mom, there was no mom to scream for to help, I am the mom. Now I have to kill bugs, clean up throw up and pay the bills. It really sucks when it is the killing bug time and Mark is not around. So, I took a picture, because I figured nobody would believe the size of the egg sack. Then I got the spray in one hand, the vacuum in the other, and began to spray. I screamed as it began to move around. So I began to wack it with the vaccuum and finally I sucked it up with the vacuum and the egg sack. With the vacuum running I took it outside in case the spider was still alive in the vacuum. Then I hauled the whole desk back outside. I was planning on selling the desk along with the bed and dresser in Lizzy's room. It is an Ethan Allen that my mom had as a kid. I just figured maybe I'd have Lizzy use the desk for a little while until I could get my act together to list it on Craigs List. Well, now I am determined to get it on Craigs List soomer than later. Anyone know what an antique Ethan Allen kids bedroom set would go for?

1 comment:

Kim said...

OMG - that spider is large and so is the white sack! Yukk!! Your new name is "spider girl" . . .did you get any sympathy from mom and dad??!!