Monday, June 9, 2008

It's not just the price of gas that is rising.




I went to Target with Lizzy and Bella today to kill time while Markie was in his two hour sports mania class. With the price of gas I just couldn't drive back home for such a short time, so off to Target! We went straight to the snack bar where I ordered my usual popcorn and soda combo for a buck for Bella and I to share and a hot dog and soda for 2 bucks for Lizzy. Well, the total was 3.79, I asked what went up in price, the popcorn and soda combo is now 1.60. The lady looked at me like I was really,really cheap, but hey, it had been a buck for so long I was a bit surprised at the increase. Anyways, I got my money out and paid. Then the story gets really good. Lizzy gets a 1.29 ice cream as we get up to shop, we make it no further than the dollar section when she drops the whole thing in the cart. So now I have to go buy another one. I don't know how much I spent in that damn snack bar but I am pretty sure it wouldn't have cost that much in gas to go home. We did have fun in Target, Lizzy had her first day of basketball camp this morning and needed some new shorts and socks. She absolutely refused to shop in the boys department for a basketball style shirt, so she just got shorts and socks. She wouldn't even buy boys socks. I guess the sneakers Mark got her yesterday are boys, and she let me know today that was the only boys thing she was getting. Did I mention out of the twenty kids in bball camp she was the only girl?

No comments: