Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cousins first, friends forever




Well, since I just spent a few days reconnecting with 5 of my cousins in NY, I thought it would be appropriate to do a post on the cousins, the fabulous 5, plus Christian in Yuma makes 6 actually. Kim and I's 5 kids spend a lot of time together, with the original two, Ben and Lizzy the closest. Last night we took Ben and Lizzy to Dairy Queen to celebrate their last night of Religious Education for the school year. They are always goofy when they are together. The last picture is the other three, Markie, Alex and Bella. Markie loves Ben to death, and they play together well, Markie will play with Alex when everyone else is at school. Bella and Alex have quite a bond, they have their own little language, and Alex loves to steal Bella's toys. Although Bella has her own ways to get back at Alex, he hates it when she touches his hair. Anyways, Kim and I are grateful that our kids get along so well. We spent a lot of time with our cousins when we were young, but in 1979 we moved to Az from NY and have not really seen them since except for a handful of times with a few of them. I do hope to keep in better touch with a few of my cousins now that I have re-bonded with them. Funny how you can be raised across the country from your cousins, but so many things in the way you were raised were similar. Hopefully our kids will always be close to their cousins.

No comments: